mouseferatu: (Default)
[personal profile] mouseferatu
I have let myself go for far, far too long.

In the years since I moved to Austin, I have gained back 50 of the 60 pounds I lost back during the 2000-2001 period. I've let myself get woefully out of shape in terms of strengh and endurance--two qualities that, even at my best, I never possessed in abundance.

This isn't just a vanity thing, though I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a part of it. I've got too many health issues, both physical and mental, that can be traced, in whole or in part, to my current condition. This includes very high blood sugar/triglycerides, which is a bad thing to have with a family history of type II diabetes.

So, here's the goal. GenCon is in mid-August. I intend to be down to 190, if not lower, by then. I will be keeping an exercise log here on LJ. While nobody should feel obligated to do so, should a weekday pass without me posting about some form of exercise, any of you are welcome to ping me and nagask me about it.

Let us begin.

Month 1 (April):

Starting weight: 220 lbs.

Week 1, day 1:

Swimming.

Set one: Eight lenghts.
Set two: Six lengths.
Set three: Four lengths.

Pa. Thet. Ic. It's not even a very long pool. Yet I'm exhausted literally to the point of physical pain and nausea. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Date: 2006-04-03 08:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eslington.livejournal.com
Keep it up!

I used to be lethargic all the time until I stated swimming. Now I feelbetter about waking up and have more energy to work with.

Date: 2006-04-03 08:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] baronsamedi.livejournal.com
Good start. You can do it.

Date: 2006-04-03 11:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sorceror.livejournal.com
Good for you for making the effort. Keep it up!

I'm sure you will find plenty of willing nagping-ers. ^_^

Date: 2006-04-04 12:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sorceror.livejournal.com
BTW, are you designing a weight-loss program all by yourself, or with the help of professionals?

Because I suspect they'd say that you're allowed to start at a lower level, if what you've set for yourself is too much. Better to start slowly & keep doing it than to try too hard for three days and then give up because you just can't face it any more. Pace yourself!

Date: 2006-04-04 03:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] littlegoth.livejournal.com
I'm cheering you on!

Date: 2006-04-04 05:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eytan-bernstein.livejournal.com
Good luck. I definitely think that it's doable. In 2002, I started at 212. Given that I am only 5'6', that's quite big. Gradually, over the course of a couple of years, I got myself down to 190 - better, but not good. I got lazy around that point and stopped. This January, I decided to do something about it (given that I have a large number of herniated discs and a history of diabetes and hight blood pressure in the family). Since January, I've gotten down to 169. I seem to have stabilized around here.

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 7th, 2026 06:48 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios